HOW TO USE SOCK-IT-OUT EXTRACTORS
HOW TO USE SOCK IT OUT SCREW EXTRACTORS
- NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE WEARING ANSI/OSHA COMPLIANT SAFETY GLASSES.
- Hold the Sock It Out screw extractor in position, and drive it (with hammer) into the stripped fastener until firmly wedged, creating a positive grip.
- Grip the Sock It Out screw extractor at the base with a wrench and turn out.
- If the fastener is frozen, use penetrating oil on the fastener and let it soak for a few minutes.
- Place the Sock It Out screw extractor in a vice and remove fastener with a punch.
Sock It Out screw extractors are reusable.
If they’re used properly, hardened Sock It Out screw extractors are manufactured to last for years. Use care when removing the stripped fastener from the tool, being careful not to damage the tapered engagement end of the tool.
Sock It Out screw extractors are sized according to the screw size, not by the Allen key size.
If you are unsure what size of Sock It Out screw extractor you need, please contact us and we can help. We can narrow down your application through our Technical Support Team and determine what you need.
Sock It Out screw extractors do not require drilling into the stripped fastener.
They wedge deeply into the stripped recess, providing a strong and positive grip, so all you need to do is simply turn the fastener!
Sock It Out screw extractors are approved and available through U.S. Government GSA contract.
Sock It Out screw extractors are available through various distributors that already have GSA contracts in place. Please contact Sock It Out for further details.
Sock It Out screw extractors are shipped internationally on a limited basis.
We are always looking for international distribution partners, so please contact Sock It Out if you’re interested in discussing the opportunity with us.
Sock It Out screw extractors can be customized as well.
We welcome the opportunity to work on Custom Orders to meet your particular requirements, so please call or email us to review the details of your project.